Saturday, October 29, 2005

"Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout A Sharp Dressed Man"-ZZ Top

A special shout out to my friends Thomas Mahon and Lucy Adams at English Cut--Earlier this year I was surfing the net and came across Mr. Thomas Mahon'’s blog on bespoke suits. I have always wanted a Savile Row suit. Really, I am between sizes and nothing seems to fit perfectly. Also, the English fit seems to be good for my slimmer profile. I met Mr. Mahon in New York City for my initial measurements and order placement. Well, you may not know it but you don't get the suit right away. You need another “"forward"” fitting or two. I traveled to London for my forward fitting (which was really an excuse to tour around a bit). The suit looks great so far and I had a great time in London. I was even privileged to have lunch with Lucy. Lucky Me!

I am traveling to New York City in a few weeks with my brother for another look at the suit! It seems a little self indulgent, but I can really tell this is the kind of suit that will be worn many times and stand the test of time. Please check out his blog. It is one of the best out there.

No comments: